|Programmer / Web Developer|
General programming duties as the only on-staff programmer. Create new, mission critical systems,
as well as update and maintain legacy software.
- Working with PHP including the Symfony Framework, Java including
JSP, Tapestry and Spring Frameworks, Perl as well as working with Oracle and MySQL databases to implement robost web applications.
- Write, update and maintain internal reports on the Crystal Reports platform.
- Perform on-call duties as part of the Systems Operations team, including responding to
server break-fix issues as needed
- Specific projects include creating a system for tracking internal purchasing (Purchase Tracker),
and a web application for tracking servers and racks in our datacenter
|1999-2005||Expedient (formerly Stargate
|Corporate Technical Support Representative|
- Troubleshoot corporate and residential end-user problems
in a call center environment, including problems with dialup, ISDN, DSL, T1 connectivity, email
clients, websites and related issues.
- Training of new call-center employees in troubleshooting
methods and company procedures.
- Performed shift-leader duties, including assisting other
techs, answering email problems, and handling trouble tickets.
- Designed and implemented a version of the company intranet
- Handle high-end corporate customer problems.
|Owner and Operator|
- Owner and sole-proprietor of WRECKED; an online music mailorder
- Designed, coded, and maintain website, including a user system, shopping cart, and inventory
control. Written from the ground up using PHP. Designed and implemented the database using
- Involved in all aspects of the business, from receiving purchases,
to packing orders, coding, business and design issues.
|1997-2000||PBS Promotions||Pittsburgh, PA|
- Organize and promote events featuring new and experimental electronic
- Involved with all aspects of production from concept to completion.
- Design all print promotional media as well as website content.
|1997-1999||Falk Computer and Media Center||Pittsburgh, PA|
|Help Desk Assistant|
- Assist patrons in using a variety of software packages.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems as they arise.
- General upkeep of a campus computer and media center.
|Summer 1996||Public Interest Communications||Pittsburgh, PA|
- Actively participated in fundraising for non-profit
| Computer Skills
Windows, Unix, Mac OS
MS Office, Vantive, Portal, Adobe Photoshop, SoundForge,
Macromedia Flash, and most internet applications including all standard browers, email
clients, FTP and SSH clients.
I also have a strong foundation in underlying programming concepts.
Web Coding and Design
In addition I am skilled at designing graphics for both web and print mediums.
Highly experienced in troubleshooting problems with Dial-Up Networking, ISDN,
xDSL, Modems, Web Browsers, Email Clients and related issues. Understanding of TCP/IP networking.